Top 10 Health Benefits of Eating Mango
A mango is a highly nutritious and rich fruit. It provides antioxidants, vitamins, iron, calcium and fibers that aids in digestion and weight loss. Mango is rated among the top health foods by nutritionists due to the many health benefits it can provide:
1) Contains plentiful of antioxidants – Many antioxidants can be found in a mango, such as Gallic acid, fisetin, astragalin, isoquercitrin, and quercetin that help to fight certain types of cancers, including prostrate, breast, colon, and leukemia. Not only that, mangoes also help to maintain the right levels of cholesterol in the body.
2) Effective for cleansing the skin – They are natural skin cleansers due to the power they have to unclog pores on the skin. Once mangoes help to cleanse the skin, they add a new level of freshness to the face. Regardless of your skin type, you should never be worried about the effect of mangoes since they are suitable for all skin types.
3) Helps with weight loss – Mangoes are rich in fibers that are helpful in burning extra calories in the body. This process is what helps with weight loss and makes mangoes effective in achieving these goals. Vitamins and nutrients contained in mangoes help make people feel that they are full, thus blocking them from eating more food. Inevitably, this helps with weight loss since it controls the amount of food one eats.
4) Good for the eyes – Mangoes are very good in terms of helping with maintenance of proper eye care. It fights eye diseases and is very effective in the prevention of night blindness as well. Mangoes are good for the eyes due to the presence of vitamin A.
5) Boost immune system – Mango fruit is good at boosting people’s immune due to the nutrients it contains such as vitamin C, vitamin A and other carotenoids.
6) For smooth and tender skin – When used as a body scrub, mashed mangoes will heal the skin and make it smoother and tender to touch. For quicker and more effective results on the skin, you should mix mangoes with milk and honey and use it to scrub the body.
7) Helps buffer acidity – One reason why scientists recommend that people should eat many mangoes is that these fruits help to alkalize the body. The presence of citric acid, malic acid, and tartaric acid helps to maintain the body’s alkalinity.
8) Boosting Memory and Concentration – Mango also helps in boosting memory and sharpening concentration levels due to its glutamine acid.
9) Rich in iron and calcium – The richness in iron makes mangoes highly effective for people suffering from anemia, while women who have reached menopause will also benefit from increased levels of iron and calcium due to the consumption of this fruit.
10) It is an aphrodisiac – Mango is called the love fruit in many cultures. Mangoes boost virility among men naturally, without the use of extra medical drugs or other manufactured products.